Meet Beauty Belle!
This breeder-surrender is a dainty, little lady waiting for her perfect home. Belle spent the first nine years of her life being bred and nurturing her many litters. She deserves a future that will only be filled with lots of love and attention. Itís her turn to be a pampered member of a loving family.
Belle needs a quiet and patient home where she can continue to learn what she missed before she came to live with her foster mom. Because she had so little socialization, she is shy and fearful, and progress has been slow, but she:
Belle wants to be loved, but she needs time to build her confidence and realize that people can be trusted. She would do best in a quiet, adult-only home, without a lot of commotion.
- is willing to take treats from her foster mom, and she shakes her little tail with excitement when it is supper time.
- is tense initially when she sits in her foster momís lap, but then she relaxes and falls asleep.
- sleeps in her foster momís bed and wags her little tail when she is told it is time to go to bed.
- is making progress with potty training and will do best in an environment where someone is home to take her out regularly.
- is working on leash training with her foster mom.
- gets along well with other dogs though she has shown only minimal interest in playing with them. She might progress well in a home with another small dog or two who could show her the ropes and keep her company when you are away.
Belle deserves the chance to be happy, loved, and someoneís princess. Could that be you?
She is nine years old and weighs 10.5 pounds. She is spayed, up-to-date on vaccinations, heartworm negative/on preventative, and is micro-chipped.
Belle is being lovingly fostered in Oklahoma City, OK.
If you are interested in adoption please fill out our Adoption Application. If you would like more information, please contact Connie Lawrence at email@example.com.
Keep in mind that we prefer to place dogs within driving distance of where they are being fostered. If someone from outside the local area is approved for adoption, they must be willing to fly in to get the dog and that can only happen if the dog is stable enough to travel in the cabin with the passenger.
August 9, 2015
Beauty Belle has been Adopted!
for more rescue stories!